Postcards of the Past


St Pancras Station, London


St Pancras Station was built in the 1860s and opened in 1868 for the Midland Railway with trains serving Yorkshire and the East Midlands. The station layout was designed by William Barlow, whilst the actual buildings design was by George Gilbert Scott. The St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, which forms the frontispiece of St Pancras railway station, opened in 2011, and occupies much of the former Midland Grand Hotel (also designed by George Gilbert Scott) which opened in 1873 and closed in 1935. The building as a whole, including the apartments, is known as St Pancras Chambers and between 1935 and the 1980s was used as railway offices. Its clock tower stands at 82m tall, with more than half its height usable.

In conjunction with Zazzle, we have produced an extensive range of gifts, using images from these old postcards. The items available include many reproduction postcards, coffee mugs, Christmas cards, birthday cards, key chains, fridge magnets, watches etc. Most items may be personalised. You may visit our Zazzle site by following this link.